Make gooey, rich, dark, fudgy brownies that most importantly, have that wonderful crackly top all without eggs. I tried so, so many versions and always ended up with dry, cakey, brownies. Let’s do this!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 100gms butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt use thick whole milk yogurt
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1.25 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips optional
- Line a 8x8 inch pan with baking powder. Set aside. Pre heat oven to 350 F degrees
- Melt butter using a double boiler method or microwave. Ensure the bottom of your bowl does not touch the surface of water in the pan.
- Once the butter is melted add sugars and mix well. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Add oil, yogurt and vanilla. Mix to combine.
- Add in the flour, cocoa, and baking powder and mix to form a thick batter. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Transfer batter to the prepared pan. Spread the batter throughout the pan using a spatula.
- Bake the brownies at 350 F / 175 C degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let them cool completely. Transfer to the refrigerator for 1-2 hours before cutting into pieces.
- Slice into pieces and enjoy!