These sticky honey garlic chicken wings are absolutely delicious. They’re sweet and sticky and the perfect addition to any appetizer plate.
- ½ cup honey
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 tablespoon garlic finely diced
- ½ tablespoon ginger finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 20 split chicken wings
- 2 cup flour
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup milk
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat the olive oil and garlic. Saute to soften the garlic but do not let it brown. Add the honey, and 1 tsp pepper
Simmer together until the mixture starts to foam.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool thoroughly. Watch this carefully as it simmers because it can foam up over the pot very easily.
- Mix together the flour, ginger, cayenne pepper, salt, and cornflour.
- Whisk together the eggs and milk to make an egg wash.
- Wash the wings, pat dry, trim the tips and cut them into sections.
- Dip the wing pieces into the egg wash and then toss in the flour mixture. Drop the coated wings into a preheated oil.
- Fry until golden brown, about 15-20 min depending on the size of the wing pieces. While still hot out of the oil toss the wing pieces in a large bowl with some of the honey garlic sauce. Serve immediately.